At Contenti Law Limited we feel that the small details count. All of our Wills are engrossed on high quality paper and we use the traditional method of waxing to seal them.
Why should you have a Will?
- It allows you to have control over who you will leave your property to on death, rather than having it determined through the Intestacy Rules
- A Will allows you to make varied and complex provisions for your family and dependants
- You can appoint your own Executors and Trustees to carry out the terms of your Will, whereas on Intestacy the choice of Administrators is determined by r22 Non-Contentious Probate Rules 1987
- You can make special arrangements for your children including appointing guardians and creating trust funds
- It can have tax advantages
- It provides you with certainty and peace of mind
What is a living Will?
A Living Will is a general written statement (sometimes called an ‘advance statement’) that can set out which treatments you feel you would or would not like to receive should you lose mental capacity in the future. Advance statements are not legally binding, but health professionals do have to take them into account when deciding on a course of action. Family and friends can also use them as evidence of your wishes. You could also make your views known verbally, for example, when discussing treatment with a health care professional, but having it written down in a Living Will may make things clearer for everyone.
We offer a 2 day turn around from the date the Will instruction is received and if we foresee any issue with this we will advise you at the time of receiving your instructions.
If you would like us to prepare your Will or would like any further information please contact us.
the online application form
Send scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
post it to Little Holme, Westbrook Lane, Westfield, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35 4PN.